Monday, December 23, 2013

The Meaning of Christmas



Everyone remembers Christmas's as a kid, when all we thought about was presents.  Seriously, I remember not wanting to have to get through the "boring" parts, so that we could open presents.  We would have to wait until a certain time, that my mom told us was acceptable, to wake her up.  Then Christmas would begin!  I couldn't sleep because of excitement.  But I can't lie, I still get probably just as excited, but now it's for somewhat different reasons.

I absolutely LOVE watching my loved ones open presents that I pick out just for them.  I love finding the perfect gift, and cannot wait for them to see my handiwork.  Sometimes creative, sometimes not.  I love seeing what other people get.  I love seeing what people pick out for me, not so that I can get something but because I love seeing what others think looks like me.  It's sweet.

I also love our Savior!  I love that I have a relationship with Jesus Christ and I love that I can talk to him whenever I want.  I love that he died for us so that we can have eternal life and live with him again.  I love that God was willing to give the most precious gift of his son for us.  I am grateful for the perfect example Jesus was, and the goal we can work towards.  He is my redeemer, my salvation, my comforter.

Sharing all of these wonderful things with family means everything to me, and that is why I love Christmas time soo much.  It is a magical time of year.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment