Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Big News

The moment I had been waiting for had finally come!  Glen and I had started trying to get pregnant; which is a somewhat more complicated and annoying process than I originally thought.  The previous month I started having tons of symptoms, thinking I was pregnant.  Plus I was 8 days late!  I knew for sure I was pregnant.  I planned to call the doctor the next day to set up an appointment to make sure.... The next day I started my period.  :(  So when the next month came and I had absolutely NO symptoms, I figured this wasn't our month.  I decided I would take a test if my period didn't start before Saturday.  Saturday was also Glen's birthday and I just thought that would be so awesome!  But I still didn't think I was.

On Saturday morning I got up early to take the test.  I wanted to do it before Glen got up and had to go to work.  I had 1 test left, I took it, and it was a dud!  Ahh!  Seriously!?  I had heard that you can actually use ovulation strips to test pregnancy too, so I took a couple of those and both lines showed up strong....  Hmmm, now I need to get a test!  I ran to walmart, still in my PJ's and glasses!  Haha.  I got the test and ran back.  I hurried to use it....  and ta da!  It was positive!  I couldn't believe it.  Especially because I hadn't felt different at all.  So I quickly got my little display ready.  Yes, I had this quite planned out.

Glen woke up and I showed him the display and said Happy Birthday, you're gonna be a daddy!  Or something like that.  He was super excited!!!  Yay!  Best birthday present ever, he said.  Then I had to just keep it to myself for a month or so.  That's the hard part.  And I took another test the next day just to make sure.  For a while it would be our little secret.  :)
I just had to get that book to tell Glen.  Plus we love Seinfeld.  But after I got that book, I read it, and I'm not a huge fan. And that onsie is a 6 month onsie, so it's a little big.



The more faded line is actually the test line, so yeah, we're definitely pregnant.
We're due August 20th.  :)  I am not looking forward to the hot hot summer in Yakima.  Ugh.  But we are very excited.  I just want to start feeling better now.

1 comment: