Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pulling Myself Together

Before I was pregnant I had all these aspirations of staying fit and keeping up with my normal routine and energy level.  I quickly realized that was not happening for me.  I blame getting so sick and tired during the first trimester (which was also in the dead of winter), for me not being able to keep up with working out.  And, as I've said before, getting back into it once I was already big was not easy.  I do yoga/pilates in the morning, but it just doesn't feel the same as a hard workout at the gym used to.  Sometimes even just walking around walmart makes me tired and my stomach is starting to get that pulling feeling.  Every once in a while I'll cup my hands under my stomach and hold it up; it's SO heavy!  Haha.

Anyways, I fully "plan" on getting back into it after baby comes.  I can't wait to feel more energy and for my stomach to feel lighter again.  Less than 12 weeks to go!  ...hopefully.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who gave us their old baby things and for all the gifts we received!!!  We went to Ikea last weekend and picked up a $30 changing table.  Score!  It's super simple but that's all I needed.  And now it's looking like all that's left are a few things and we're good to go!

Left on the list:

  • Stroller
  • Carseat/canopy
  • Side sleeper/bassinet
  • Diaper bag
  • Nursing cover
  • K'tan carrier ??
  • Nursing bra's ??
  • Breast pump ??
  • Noise machine
  • Small odds and ends
I plan to get the Eddie Bauer Endurance jogging stoller (cause I WILL be jogging...).  It's nice, compact and light, and very easy to maneuver.  And I'll probably need the carseat that goes with it if I want to put a newborn in it.  Right?
I love this side sleeper!  It's portable, cozy, and small.  It even rocks and vibrates.  I just plan on using it for the first couple months or something.







Diaper bag: love this one from Target.  Stylish, and not too "diaper-baggy."  Thank you Mindy White for letting me steal it.  :)









This K'tan carrier is nice cause I have a backpack type carrier and a baby bjorn front carrier, but this one is just a different style.  I like it.  








And every single one of these is at Target!  So easy since there's a Target by me now.  Yay!  Now I just need to know if I should get any nursing bra's or a breast pump???  I'll be staying at home, but will I need one if I want to go on a date without baby or anything?  

Our nursery is coming together.  Slowly.  It's so sweet and simple.  I love it.  Anyone else have any must-have items?  

3 comments:

  1. I would say if you can buy a breast pump you should, but only if you can get a good one. We had one that was mid range price but a decent brand and it didn't work at all. Medela is the way to go, even if you can only afford to get their hand pump. It could prove to be very useful and helpful especially when your milk starts coming in. Medela also sells gel pads in their store, very nice when you are sore after the first couple of days. I am dreaming about a Boba 4g baby carrier :) I have been watching all the second hand stores and sites to find one used. I love the idea of that little sleeper you have picked out, seriously may invest in one of those also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll look into the Medela. And that boba carrier looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a breast pump for sure. You never know if you'll have trouble making enough milk and will need to pump even if he's not hungry just to increase your output. Besides, nursing really hurts and it's nice to be able to get a little bit of a break. There were also times I got so full that Emerson couldn't nurse fast enough so I'd have him on one side and the pump on the other just to relieve some of the painful pressure. And with a pump Glen can help you with night feedings every once in a while. As far as nursing bras, they are kind of a pain to hook and unhook and often times you're having to try and do that with one hand and balance the baby on your lap with the other. They are almost more trouble than they are worth. I felt like it was easier to just lift up my regular bra and let him have at it.
    I found a baby bouncer chair to be really useful. Emerson practically lived in his for the first 6 months of his life. It's perfect for when you want to take a shower and you want to keep an eye on him.
    Also, I have that same diaper bag! Mine's green though. I actually use it for a temple bag since it has so many handy inside pockets.

    ReplyDelete