Monday, May 12, 2014

Adjusting to Yakima

Phew, we made it!  Big thank you to Glen's parents who helped us clean our old place and move everything to our new place.  And to my family for bringing us a washer and dryer.  Anyways, we packed up a 17 ft U-haul plus 3 cars FULL!  And we still had to leave things behind.  We'll be coming back to Pullman on Saturday the 17th to finish up everything there.  Most things are in place now but it will take a couple weeks to really feel finished.
I LOVE the kitchen!!!  Especially compared to our previous kitchens. 

Technically this is our neighbors front door, but ours looks the same... without the dog statue.

Glen started his 4th year rotations today!  He is starting out at the Yakama Indian Reservation Clinic.  This is one of the places he was looking forward to because he loves the idea of working at a clinic where the doctors are in the same building and they can collaborate more easily.  Plus there are a lot of benefits for working for the government.  After his first day he realized he was right; it is a great job!  The people there love their job.  The only problem is that there is a hiring freeze and he doesn't foresee them hiring more pharmacists for Indian Health any time soon.  :/   Oh well, maybe someday.  So I think he'll enjoy his 6 weeks there.

Today was my first day as a stay-at-home wife/mom!  Sunday night, I'm not gonna lie, I was excited!  I can do whatever I want!  But the truth is, I was a little.... bored.  The day went by slowly, I missed Glen, it was lonely and tiring.  I had a lot to do with unpacking, but no one to talk to.  Hmmm.  Well, I guess being a stay-at-home mom, with no kids, isn't as great as it sounds lol.  I'll need to make some friends or join some groups or something.  But it definitely was nice to be able to set my own schedule.  I could take breaks when I wanted and eat when I wanted.  But I was still very productive.  Plus, I was able to wander around Target today!  :}  It's very nice to be able to do all the things I wanted to do when I worked but always felt too tired or just didn't have time to do.  

PS Glen and I were able to SEE the baby kick on my tummy yesterday.  We could actually see it moving around.  Creepy, but cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment