Thursday, July 4, 2013

Alaskan 4th of July


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!  I LOVE this holiday!  This year it was a little different for us.  Since we're in Alaska, the sun never, well, almost never goes down.  So at midnight it still looks like dusk.  It looks like it's about ....oh, 7 or 8pm.  We could have gone to see fireworks but it just wouldn't have been the same.  

Also, they do the fireworks in Eagle River the night before the 4th.  I think they do it that way because they have to wait till after midnight (for it to get somewhat dark) so technically it's on the 4th. Strange.  Another reason it was different is that it was cold and rainy.  :(  We were planning on an outside bbq with a parade.  So we did an indoor bbq and the kids still went to the neighborhood parade.  From what I'm hearing, everywhere else was super hot today!!  I don't like heat, so maybe it's good that I'm up here.  

Glen made his famous Chicago style hot dogs for our bbq.  They were a hit!  I skip a few ingredients.  Picky eater.  But I loved my version of his hot dog.  Hehe.  
This is basically what they looked like. 
We had a GREAT non-typical Independence Day!  

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog Lauren. Glad u guys had an enjoyable 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlene! I'm glad that at least someone is reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the blog too! I want some more details on that hot dog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney- Chicago style hot dogs include lots of onions, relish, mustard, cucumber, deli peppers, and celery salt. NO KETCHUP! They're unique and good!

    ReplyDelete