Monday, October 21, 2013

Improvements

How do people work full time and still do everything else??  I know I still have hours after work to do things but it just seems to go by in an instant.  Between working out, dinner, errands and cleaning, it takes up all my time.  To counter that, I also feel like all I do when I'm home anyways is watch TV.  Here are some of my goals to accomplish outside of work:

  • Keep the house clean, not uncluttered, but actually clean.... at least never let it get gross, haha.
  • Apply to grad school
  • No TV 2 days a week
  • Read more
  • Laundry once a week, even if it doesn't look full
  • Go to more social activities
  • Not get caught up in "my plans"
  • Lighten Glen's burden
  • Make homemade dinner once a week. lol  (Glen's the cook, not me)
Please say that other people have these basic items on their to-do list.  I really want to stop saying that I will be better when I have more time, when I'm a stay at home mom.  Ha!  I realize that this might be totally unrealistic.  So, I've decided to start working on these things before I'm done working outside the home.  

Besides, I have finally realized what people mean when they say good job to me, for being a wife of a student.  What's the big deal?  I'm not the one doing the work, it has nothing to do with me.  But now I see that all his stress and work rubs off on me.  His hard weeks become my hard weeks.  Therefore, I need to step things up when work gets hard for Glen.  That's how I can lighten his burden.  :)  Someday both of us will have less to worry about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment