Monday, September 9, 2013

Glen Update

I thought I would devote a tiny bit of space to my husband, Glen.  Hahaha.  I assume this blog will be mostly all about me/us, but not much about Glen.  So he deserves a post about what he's up to.  Glen is getting his doctorate of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) and has started his 3rd year.  It's a 4 year program, after you finish your bachelor degree.  Glen was able to cram all his prereques into 3 years so he didn't ever get a bachelor degree.  Therefore, his program will be 7 years total instead of 8.  But still, wow!  He's amazing!  He works so hard.  

So he's in his 3rd year of the pharmacy program... which is in Spokane.  Dumb.  We decided to stay living in Pullman because I have a good job, and didn't want to risk not finding one in Spokane.  And it's only for 9 months, minus Christmas break and all the other breaks students get.  Plus, Glen has a job here in Pullman too.  Plus it's cheaper here and all our friends are here.  And Glen's program is 4 days a week not 5.  So ya...

He is enjoying school as much as you can anyways.  But what I keep reminding him is that this is his last year of school work.  His 4th year is rotations on the job.  No class!  And no homework!  So we basically just have to get through this year of school and then it will be just like he's working, only he won't be getting paid.  He will actually have to pay tuition and so he'll be free labor.  Not great, but no hw or tests is a plus.  

Right now, he commutes to Spokane two or three nights a week. His brother-in-law's mom lives there so he has a place to stay when he doesn't want to drive home.  And I actually don't mind too much.  He's actually here a lot more than I thought.  He misses me, what can I say.  :)  
Glen and his sister Lucy.  He worked with her this summer.  
Only 2 more years living the college life!!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are doing great! It may seem long now but it will seem like a small sacrifice later for lots of great benefits. :)

    ReplyDelete